But, what about other blogs. What about blogs dedicated to candy (see here and here) or favorite tv shows like Saved by the Bell, and car seats? Or as we saw yesterday, sleep-talking? What makes people decide to devote a blog to such topics? What makes them choose to make it their personal goal to become the Blog authority on this stuff and write about it ALL THE TIME? I can't even keep a blog about nothing going! Seems interesting to me.
Ok that is all about that.
Today Lucy and i watched/danced to her new Bible Songs DVD. She loved it! It was SO cute! Notice that she's holding Mikey's deoderant. She likes to do that, and now she likes to take the cap off and try to eat it, too.
An example:
It's supposed to rain today, and then ALL next week...so that will be interesting! We're supposed to go to the Zoo tomorrow so hopefully that works out!
So since this is my place to say things.... you know what bugs me? People who are martyr-ish (aka self-sacrificing, selfless, etc) about things and then they run around complaining about it! Well if you don't want to take care of your kids "all the time, all by myself", then get a babysitter or let your husband help or something! If you really want the last cookie, don't give it to me and then "oh I would have loved that cookie, but i gave it to you cuz I love you.... oh i wish I could have a cookie..." YouknowwhatI'msayin'!?
What about the close companion, "I can't do this because..."? Well change that thing! "I can't read a book because my kids won't leave me alone." Well, I see you're on facebook all the time; why don't you get off and go read?
Ugh...sorry. I know I shouldn't rant about stuff... I just get so TO'd! hehe
What's funny about this is that i can't even guarantee that people are even reading this nonsense! So I guess it doesn't really matter! blahblahblahblah.....
I have made a few resolutions this year. Not that I actually stated at midnight on NYE that I wanted to do these things, just that they seem to make sense as the last 12 days have gone by.
Here they are, in no particular order:
- Be more of a joy than a pain.
- Be more productive throughout the day.
- Get up and ready before the kids.
- Be more of a Mommy than a babysitter
- Eat better.
- Make a blog entry every day.
Now I know there are more, and I even as I was typing these, I came up with more, but they basically all fall into the same category... BE BETTER. That said, I have done really well with most of them so far. I am tired of feeling crappy all the time. And, I know that that has to do with what I eat, when i eat it, when I start my day, how I DO my day, etc.
Yes, as I sit here and type, my eyes are wigging out because I slept SO terribly last night, but I will not succumb to the nap monster because I always feel worse after I take a nap. So I will continue to do what needs to be done, and I think I will continue to feel better about myself in the process. I hate how gross and useless I feel at the end of the day when I realize I got nothing done, or when I see that the bag of cheetos is now empty and it was full, or when I don't take a shower til 2pm. You know?
But recently I have been getting more active (even if that just means sitting on the floor playing with Lucy or going outside for a while), eating better (I GOTTA because I'm not going to be on the "nursing-keeps-me-thin" plan for much longer!), and trying to do at least SOME chores every day, and I am so proud of myself at the end.
Anyway, I realized last night that since I'm more productive in the day time, I more relaxed at night when Mikey is home. I also realized that I am more able to feel like I can get up off of the couch (read: life waster) and go do something and let him read or play video games or whatever. I don't really know why? Did I develop some confidence I didn't have before? How on earth can Mikey relaxing not upset me? I AM a woman, right? Well, whatever it is, I like it.
Now if I could just develop the ability to feel ok about ditching my Hubby in the living room so I can go sleep when he isn't ready to. Last night I was falling asleep at like 9:15, but for some reason felt like I wanted to stay up with him even though he was reading and I was typing a blog. Well, maybe that should be on my list too. I went to bed at 11:15. :( And he woke me up "inadvertently" when he came to bed at midnight. Lucy was crying, I sorta remember hearing that, and he let her. I swear sometimes he pretends not to hear her. PUNK!
Anyway... I am off to go eat some yummy salad. I LOVE Salad. Well, actually maybe it's a homemade mac n cheese sort of day, so I think I'll go eat the left overs from last night!
And my Hubby is on his way HOME! YAY!!!




1 comment:
Ok, I feel like I should type SOMETHING here since you wrote a lot and on consecutive days to boot. The video of Lucy is awesome, more of those = a blog full of win. LOL @ the notion of extending your "30 days in a row" blogging to "every day for the rest of the year." Let's make it through the week first, haha.
The blogging question is interesting. I guess it comes down to what interests you, where your knowledge lies (no matter how frivolous) and what would motivate you to keep it going. If you're not going with a theme blog (several of which you referenced) then by default a blog is merely your thoughts on life. Family becomes a major part, as do current events (that interest the writer). Most of the time, if someone likes you in real life then they're probably going to enjoy your thoughts as well. Don't write to cater to the audience; write to cater to what's on your mind. In the end that's really what a blog is all about.
Post a Comment