Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Brainworks: from the makers of Dreamworks?

I don't think I have things to blog about! I mean I'm sure I could come up with something, like how Lucy is transitioning from 2 naps down to 1 and that makes me a tired mommy... Or how we played outside for a while today and she gave me lots and lots of pine cones that I took and said "oh thank you!" and then gave back or put on the ground as she ran off and played more. And how I loved every second of it and plan to do it as often as possible...after all, why not?

Orrr.... How 'bout the fantabulous after Christmas "I didn't want this gift" gift exchange extravaganza thing we had at our house on Friday night? It was SO much fun! A bunch of people came and we all ate Spaghetti & meatballs and drank and were merry! The gift exchange was fun, and included such favorites as a used "Dirty Macarena" instructional VHS, and one of those static electricity balls, and some miscellaneous crap someone grabbed on the way out the door and threw in a bag. it was awesome.

I have recently been turned on to this blog. Basically it's a wife's blog detailing her husband's mid-night sleep ramblings. It is freaking Hilarious! Maybe only because i have experienced some similar ramblings myself, especially when my husband is stressed out, but still funny. I can't help but crack up at it!! (e.g. "Dogs' scrotums. They stretch."; "Pork chops are most satisfying. Mmmmmmm. Dangle them from the ceiling."; "Oompa loompas don't sing in heaven. They tidy up the clouds."; "Legs time! Everybody get your legs!") You can't make this stuff up!!!

Nothing really new here to report... Lucy is approaching the 16 month mark, and that blows my mind! I look back at her as a baby and can hardly remember it! She knows how to say so many words and understands so many more! Her current favorites to say are "baby", "owee", "nose" (as she points IN it - notice I said 'IN it', not 'to it'), "doggie" (which says 'wuh').... and many more. The kitty cat says "mwow", btw. :) Oh...and "MINE". need I say more?

I can't even handle the cute. She has learned to take her diaper (and her clothes) off, which when I discovered it was met with laughter and despair, and she does it as frequently as possible. She also recently learned to take the sheet off her bed. Sigh. Why don't i take more pictures of these things?!?

Anyway, Lucy has hardly watched any TV in her young life, which is great! BUT, I am beginning to think that maybe she needs to have a little bit. i just don't always want to hang out with her, nor can I think of as many games and stuff as she needs in a day! Sometimes a kid just needs to dance and sing! And for that reason, I will be procuring my Mom's collection of children's videos from when I was a kid! On that list we have such favorites as: Psalty the singing songbook, The Donut Hole, and The Music Machine, and many more! I am so excited to share these with my kids! I LOVED them! Oh they're so hokey and wonderful!!!
You just gotta watch this clip from The Donut Hole...it's classic!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62VQ42gHnxw

If I could get a record player in my house, I'd introduce them to all the wonderful records I listened to when I was a kid, too!

Gwen is flourishing as well. She is learning the flute and the violin, is currently learning to draw, square dance, do long division, and all sorts of other stuff. She will be started 3-D art later this month, as well! Such a busy little person! She certainly loves it though and I don't mind at all! Better to be doing things like this than playing video games all day or something!

UGH!! I am such a picture fail! :( I need to carry my camera around with me all the time!

ANYWAY, I am being told that I need to go to bed... SOOO I must go for now. Cassandra had a really good idea that I want to try to steal. I want to try to write a blog every day for 30 days (at least). Let's see if I can do it!

And with that, I will leave you with these butt-crack-of-dawn musings of the sleep-talker guy. heh.

"I haven't put on weight. Your eyes are fat."
"Well that's just great. Peanut butter in my crack. [...]"
"Do you like what you see? No? Well, bloody look harder. Strain your eyes!"
"Give me back my hands! Limb thief!"
"Your hands are all fingery fingery."
"Big pig. Massive oink. Little curly tail."
"You shouldn't say things like that. my breath can kill."
"I love the fact you're a moose. Yes. So soft, so soft."

buh-bye!

1 comment:

justinpaulgibson said...

Once a day for thirty days? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!