:( I don't know what to do.
As far as Saturday night worship ministry goes, She wants to go to bed at 7:30, and church is not out till at least 8:15, which makes us getting home at 8:30 or 9. So, since I have to get there at 4 for practice, my overtired Saturday baby (because Saturdays are stupid and don't follow schedules even if I want them to) fusses for 4 1/2 hours straight and then has trouble sleeping.
And then I have to get her up two hours early to get ready for Sunday. I have to be at practice by 7, and I take her to my mom's because 6 hrs at church is too much for a baby. BUT, I can't get my mom to give Lucy a nap when she's with her on Sunday morning. So then she's overtired and won't take an afternoon nap because everyone at church overstimulates her, so she screams all day. Then, because overtired babies are TOO tired to sleep, she doesn't sleep all night either. So that's Sunday morning worship.
I haven't been able to make it through a whole church service in months, so I have to listen to it at home on Podcast. How pathetic.
And that's not even to mention Wednesday night home group. I can go, but it starts at 7 and you know when Lucy's bed-time is! Yep, 7:30. Self decided. I chose 8:30 or 9; she disagreed. Anyway, so I force her to stay up (and quiet, yeah right) at least til 8 so I can try to hear Bible study and then go home. This last week, we had it at our house and it was great, but our leader doesn't want to have it at our house cuz it's small and there's like 25-30 people in our group. Ugh.
Anyway, i am thoroughly frustrated. I don't know what to do. I don't want to quit. I might have to quit.
So anyway, since my baby takes after her father, you'll understand when I say I can't get him to go to bed before 11pm. And of course if I try to go to bed without him, he gets sad, and I miss him, so I end up staying up. And Lucy doesn't ever sleep past like 5:30am, and even if she goes back to sleep, my husband's alarm goes off at 5:50 and 5:55 and 6, and 6:05, annnnddd.... til like 6:45. So by that time I am having some real issues going back to sleep. Then he takes his shower and I usually fall back asleep, but then he wakes me up when he comes back in to get dressed and kiss me goodbye (which IS nice, but it disturbs me). So that's between 7:20 and 7:30. Then I fall back asleep until my alarm goes off at 7:45. Woo hoo. I am exhausted.
I just don't know what to do.
It Was Time
6 years ago




2 comments:
God knows your situation. If Lucy requires you to scale back your ministries then so be it. As she gets older it will become easier to attend what you want to attend. Until then, don't feel guilty or like you're letting anyone (including God) down. Babies are on their own schedules and as a parent you have no choce but to oblige. Taking care of your child is in fact a ministry, and you are worshipping God by doing it well. Frustrations are natural, but take solace in knowing that the hardest part is almost through.
Ugh I know...still upsetting. I'm going to keep trying and see how it goes. maybe it's just cuz she's teething right now.
Post a Comment