Here is a picture from my baby shower. I can't put my finger on what in particular makes me so unfathomably overjoyed to even know her, let alone be her mother! I just look at this picture and see so much joy and beauty and I am captivated.

Yemi, her father, said this: "Just a feeling of awe, that the Creator of the Universe saw fit to place one of his creations in trust with you. This overwhelming wave of joy and exhilaration washes over you while thinking about it."
And I fully agree. This is a perfect way to express even a teeny tiny part of how I feel about Gwen.
Thank you God for giving me this precious gift. Please give me the wisdom and strength to take care of my lovely little girl. Please help me teach her well and help her grow into a beautiful woman that will love you and others. Help me to never let her forget how beautiful she is to me and to you, and for her to continually share that beauty with others. Oh Lord, thank you so much for my baby. Please bless her beyond what I could ever ask or think. In Jesus' name, amen.




3 comments:
What a beautiful picture of Gwen! She is always so well-behaved and a joy to be around. What a good job you have done!
Hey! Thanks for having us over on Labor Day. I have some fun pics of Gwen, I will e-mail them to you!
New entry please, kthxbye.
Post a Comment