To all those who are interested in reading some good blogging about our world and the issues Christians face, go here and here.
These blogs belong to a good friend of mine, and he has some fabulous insight.
Other stuff...
I haven't baby-proofed yet. My baby is starting to become mobile. I knew this day would come, and I knew I had about 16 months from the time I peed on that stick, and I didn't do it. And now it's getting to be too late! She's gonna choke on something if I don't get my patootie in gear!! OH NO! Anyone want to come over and have a baby proofing party? I will seriously buy you lunch if you help me! hehe I don't know where to start though, lemme tell ya! I've been living here 8 years, and we have accumulated a LOT of stuff! So, I really want to put everything in the front yard and put everything back one thing at a time and NOT bring in what we don't need. But since I can't really do that, I have to start in one place and go from there. Sigh.
My big daughter has a report due for school on April 24th. El Cajon history. Bleck. Have we started? No. Will we before April 23rd? Hopefully yes but probably not. Do we have any clue where to start? Nope. How does a third grader write a research paper anyway? I haven't done even a college research paper in years... is a third grade paper the same? I don't even know. Any thoughts? Jordan? All i know is I am not ready for her schooling to become more complex, because that means MY life becomes more complex. And I am NOT happy about that. Why can't she stay a little girl forever?
Something else I realized today... I HATE it when I buy clothes and they fit perfectly until I wash them. I HANG DRY everything, yet stuff still shrinks and gets misshapen. AARGH! it's just so frustrating! Cuz then have to decide if my brand new clothes should hang in my closet never worn, or go into a goodwill bag never worn. :( or if i have to suffer through wearing them. I have no idea how to prevent this, either.
Has anyone ever watched preschool age TV? It's all that's on during the day and Gwen's home so she's been watching it a little bit. One character on the show, Wonder Pets, has that stupid baby accent where she can't say her "R"'s and "L"'s - they come out as "W"'s. I LOATHE that stupid accent, and I feel like having it in the show says to children that it's ok to talk like that. And that bothers me.
Then there's multiple other shows where they show that undermining authority, asking over and over, throwing temper tantrums, etc will get you what you want. Lying is ok, saying things "louder" because dora (and many other shows) "can't hear you!" is infuriating! What happened to good values, like Mr Rogers?
And this is not even to mention the school age/teen shows that are on in the afternoon! No parents to be found, and if they are around, they're stupid oafs who are constantly outsmarted by children, who are the heroes. Teachers are evil or stupid, homework never gets done, boarding school is glamorous... etc. The attitudes these children have are heinous, and no matter what anyone says, they DO RUB OFF. My lovely 8 yr old daughter is proof. And when she isn't having a bad attitude, she's begging to watch TV...ALL THE TIME! It is her idol. She worships TV. She says she misses me, but then as soon as I'm available, she wants to watch TV. Instead of going outside, instead of eating ice cream, instead of everything.... and when the TV's on, she cannot hear ANYTHING. Armageddon could be going on and she wouldn't even bat an eyelash.
Oh I hate TV. All TV. And it doesn't get better when you're an adult, either. I think we'll be getting rid of it starting next billing cycle.
And it now occurs to me that I am writing this blog for probably no one. I am the girl who cried "blog". I started it and had many followers... then I failed to produce and now no one even checks. Shame on me. BUT I have vowed that 10 minutes a day is no big thing when it comes to sharing my thoughts with those who want to hear them! So ready everyone? Here we go!
And with that, pictures:
These blogs belong to a good friend of mine, and he has some fabulous insight.
Other stuff...
I haven't baby-proofed yet. My baby is starting to become mobile. I knew this day would come, and I knew I had about 16 months from the time I peed on that stick, and I didn't do it. And now it's getting to be too late! She's gonna choke on something if I don't get my patootie in gear!! OH NO! Anyone want to come over and have a baby proofing party? I will seriously buy you lunch if you help me! hehe I don't know where to start though, lemme tell ya! I've been living here 8 years, and we have accumulated a LOT of stuff! So, I really want to put everything in the front yard and put everything back one thing at a time and NOT bring in what we don't need. But since I can't really do that, I have to start in one place and go from there. Sigh.
My big daughter has a report due for school on April 24th. El Cajon history. Bleck. Have we started? No. Will we before April 23rd? Hopefully yes but probably not. Do we have any clue where to start? Nope. How does a third grader write a research paper anyway? I haven't done even a college research paper in years... is a third grade paper the same? I don't even know. Any thoughts? Jordan? All i know is I am not ready for her schooling to become more complex, because that means MY life becomes more complex. And I am NOT happy about that. Why can't she stay a little girl forever?
Something else I realized today... I HATE it when I buy clothes and they fit perfectly until I wash them. I HANG DRY everything, yet stuff still shrinks and gets misshapen. AARGH! it's just so frustrating! Cuz then have to decide if my brand new clothes should hang in my closet never worn, or go into a goodwill bag never worn. :( or if i have to suffer through wearing them. I have no idea how to prevent this, either.
Has anyone ever watched preschool age TV? It's all that's on during the day and Gwen's home so she's been watching it a little bit. One character on the show, Wonder Pets, has that stupid baby accent where she can't say her "R"'s and "L"'s - they come out as "W"'s. I LOATHE that stupid accent, and I feel like having it in the show says to children that it's ok to talk like that. And that bothers me.
Then there's multiple other shows where they show that undermining authority, asking over and over, throwing temper tantrums, etc will get you what you want. Lying is ok, saying things "louder" because dora (and many other shows) "can't hear you!" is infuriating! What happened to good values, like Mr Rogers?
And this is not even to mention the school age/teen shows that are on in the afternoon! No parents to be found, and if they are around, they're stupid oafs who are constantly outsmarted by children, who are the heroes. Teachers are evil or stupid, homework never gets done, boarding school is glamorous... etc. The attitudes these children have are heinous, and no matter what anyone says, they DO RUB OFF. My lovely 8 yr old daughter is proof. And when she isn't having a bad attitude, she's begging to watch TV...ALL THE TIME! It is her idol. She worships TV. She says she misses me, but then as soon as I'm available, she wants to watch TV. Instead of going outside, instead of eating ice cream, instead of everything.... and when the TV's on, she cannot hear ANYTHING. Armageddon could be going on and she wouldn't even bat an eyelash.
Oh I hate TV. All TV. And it doesn't get better when you're an adult, either. I think we'll be getting rid of it starting next billing cycle.
And it now occurs to me that I am writing this blog for probably no one. I am the girl who cried "blog". I started it and had many followers... then I failed to produce and now no one even checks. Shame on me. BUT I have vowed that 10 minutes a day is no big thing when it comes to sharing my thoughts with those who want to hear them! So ready everyone? Here we go!
And with that, pictures:
Naked BABY!!!







7 comments:
Good blog post! Glad to hear someone else beside me vent on everyday issues of parenting growing children....not fun.
On baby-proofing: Don't you have that backyard space? Why not unload back there room by room, one at a time then box or bag up everything you dont want coming back in?
Yeah I have a back yard. About a year ago, I paid a guy $100 to clear out all the weeds and dead grass and trim everything back. It was beautiful! I had lofty ideas to put in a sprinkler system and plant grass. oh it would have been lovely! Fast forward to now... Weeds as tall as Gwen. hehe
So we could (and might) do that, but I have to clean it again first.
Yeah, I should vent more often! I love it! hahaha
Thanks for the blog shout outs!
Baby proofing? Jen would probably be a better resource for that.
As far as the research paper, here are a couple of links for that (I've shortened them for you)
http://bit.ly/Odi7 -- A format guide for a research paper.
http://bit.ly/3DLkOq -- Not so much for research papers, but paper writing in general. I'm going to see how it works this semester.
With television...get rid of it. Most of the network shows are available online anyway. Plus, she needs to be outside running around, enjoying the San Diego weather and the carefree existence of someone 1.5 months shy of age 9.
And I still receive a notification whenever you have a new post. Gotta love the Google Reader!
You're welcome!
Well I know how to write an adult research paper... it's hard to do for a 3rd grader.
Yeah she's only allowed to watch an hour or so a day cuz she needs to read and play and clean...you know? There is the occasional day when I am busy and then I realize it's been all day and I shoo her outside or make her play with me for a while. haha
Oh that's nice. :) Thanks!
those links don't work
Bad day blogs are entertaining, but also sad. Can't you just buy one size bigger than normal for clothes if you know they're going to shrink? Of course, if they don't shrink you're screwed unless you want to get preggo again. Sophie's choice. If you limit the television it's not a bad thing. There are actually plenty of stimulating things on TV that also entertain. Lots of stuff on the Discovery Channel is informative and awesome. Then again, everyone needs time to simply relax and T.V. can bring that. Reading a book about Harry Potter isn't "better" for you than watching the movie. For a developing child, sure, but not for an adult. That was an awful example, though, since nothing Harry Potter related is enjoyable in anyway.
What's funny is I wasn't having a bad day...Iwas just commenting on what was going on in my house at the time. (Baby getting into stuff, Gwen watching tv, etc) :)
Post a Comment