Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Birthday.

BLAH. Why do we even celebrate them? A whole year leading up to this one day and I've been borderline dreading and loving it. Well, today has started off on the dread side. I try so hard not to be depressed and somehow, aside from the facebook prompted birthday greetings, and all of the lovely text messages I've gotten... something about this day just sucks. I desperately want it not to suck!

You know how sometimes you can be in a good mood that's fragile and one bad thing happens and your mood starts tumbling into the bad place? Well, maybe you don't know that feeling. But I do, and I don't like it.
I hate the person I can be. I come across so jerky sometimes and i hate it. why can't i turn that off? I think I need Valium or something.

Anyway, I have turned on some worship music (thank you Pandora), and I am going to write my thankful list.

1. That my kid ONLY has a cold. It could be much worse. Maybe it's allergies like someone suggested.
2. That my memory card from my cell phone wasn't erased like I thought it was.
3. I have more pens and pencils than I know what to do with. Some people don't have even one.
4. Music. It lifts me.
5. My beautiful birthday cards from my kids today. :)
6. That my BFF gave me a 10 person lasagna and garlic bread today!
7. That I'm going to dinner with friends tonight.
8. That my husband is contractually obligated to love me, even when I'm ugly.
9. That someone gave me a beautiful 2011 calendar.
10. That I cleaned out my desk drawer today.

Yep this list is really lame, but it was a hard list to make today. I hate November 10th. I think from now on I skip it.

Happy nonexistent totally unimportant day, everyone.

2 comments:

Cassandra said...

Okay, I'm attempting to type this one-handed, due to a sleeping baby in the crook of an elbow.

I had a crappy birthday this year. I was sick. Bryce was sick. The girls were sick. And I was feeling fat since I was showing, but not quite preggo-looking.

Bryce made my evening, but I think I cried for most of the day. Sometimes we have crappy birthdays. Period. But I'm glad yours started to get better!

Jessica said...

Yeah it's true. And Lucy tried really hard to make my birthday dinner lame, but Mikey stepped in and took over completely for me. It was wonderful. :) I have such a good Hubby.