Friday, March 13, 2009

ok...it's not going to rule over me...

When I got up from the computer a minute ago, I immediately thought of so many more things I could complain about. But I don't want that to be who I am. I am a generally happy person and I have seen that go way downhill recently. Whether it's fatigue or stress or someone else's depression wearing off on me...I don't know... but i decided I'm going to try to look the other way and think about what I'm happy about.

- The little fingers I get to kiss while I'm nursing Lucy.
- The warm bed I get to sleep in, even if it is interrupted.
- Gwen's beautiful smiling face when I pick her up from school, and the cute picture I see when she walks off in the morning all dressed up with her backpack and everything.
- My husband who loves me.
- God's provision, always, no matter what...even when I stress out.
- That even though I have to pay late fees for my rent, at least I have a lovely place to live.
- My husband has a good job, and I get to stay home with my babies.
- That sleeve of cookies I'm grabbing is girl scout cookies. And even though they're once a year and they'll be gone way sooner than next year, they're SO yummy while they last!
- Baby butt.
- Those grins Lucy gives....all of them... but for some reason, especially the ones while she's nursing or sucking on the pacifier. The pacifier just falls out cuz she's smiling so big. It's SO cute!
- Gwenny's braids.
- Breastfeeding induced weight loss. (I weigh 20lbs less than I did pre-pregnancy!)
- Flamin' hot cheetos, pizza, dr. pepper, mentos and mint chip ice cream.
- Baby laughs. This is the single greatest sound in the universe. I would do anything to hear it.
etc. :)

I feel a LOT better. :)

3 comments:

justinpaulgibson said...

This was wonderful to read! I'm happy that you are able to have this outlook. Oh, and I can see you sparking a new fad diet called "Get Pregnant, Have a Baby and Breastfeed." And let's be honest here, flamin' hot cheetos are much higher on the list. ;)

Jessica said...

Thanks! And the list was in no particular order. :)

Katy said...

aw this makes me much happier to read... i think sometimes life just isnt at all what we hoped and planned for but we truly are so stinkin rich and we forget it! i love you very much SIL.